Friday, January 23, 2009

Cupcakes!

Here is Avery playing with her friend Mallory (her mom is my good friend Rebecca). Mallory is now 4 months old.

For Christmas my mother-in-law gave me a cake decorating kit. I really wanted one and was happy she got it for me. I really would like to make a cute cake for Avery's first birthday. I know it is 3 months away, but I need the practice. I decided to make cupcakes so I could practice a few times. I got really ambitious and said to Josh- Maybe Avery will let me make her wedding cake. He just laughed since I haven't even tried it yet and her wedding won't be for about 20 years.






Avery reaped the benefits. We let her play with one of the cupcakes. Usually when Avery has a pacifier in her mouth she won't put things in her mouth, but she kept spitting it out and trying to put the cupcake in her mouth. I have to admit she ended up getting a little taste, but not much more than that. It was fun to watch her destroy the pretty cupcake. She got a nice bath right after. (It looks like no one is standing behind her as she is sitting on top of the counter, but I promise both Josh and I are there.)

5 comments:

esherman10 said...

Nice job on the cupcakes! They look delicious and beautiful!

Courtney said...

The cupcakes looks great! Hopefully Avery will dig into her birthday cake like that in another few months. Some kids won't touch it!

Rebecca Jackson said...

Your cupcakes look so great! Avery is going to have an awesome birthday cake! I had a lot of fun hanging out with you yesterday.

Nola said...

Wow those are amazing cupcakes! Avery will definitely have a great birthday cake! You are smart to practice in advance. Tyler and I made Matyas' banana birthday cake and luckily it turned out much better than expected, but it easily could have been a huge bust.

Emily said...

That sounds like so much fun! I need to start thinking of Maddy's birthday. It's only a month away!

I bet I could google some great ideas!