Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Fun!

It all started when Avery took her uncle Ryan to the MTC. He will be there for three weeks before he leaves for Jamaica.

That weekend, we went to visit Josh's grandparents. Avery had a fun time with them, especially her great grandpa. He kept taking her to listen to their clock. (If you push a button it makes really pretty music.) Avery kept staring at it and he was nice to keep taking her back to look at it.
After the nice visit with the grandparents we went to dinner and temple square with my parents. The lights were beautiful. We stopped in the visitors center to see the Christus and to warm up a little bit.

This tree is in the Joseph Smith building. We had a group picture of all of us, but it turned out blurry, so here is a nice one of Avery and her grandma Cindy and grandpa Mark.

While we were in the Joseph Smith building we got some hot chocolate to help warm us up. It worked!

For family night we made a gingerbread house. This is the first one we have made together. I hope it becomes a tradition.

The night of Christmas Eve we went to my Aunt Sherrie's house for dinner. Avery had a good time with her green beans! I don't know if any really made it in her mouth.

Here is Avery and her cousin Hannah in matching pajamas. We didn't plan ahead. We both just happened to have the same pair for them to wear that night. Sarah and I always had matching pajamas for Christmas Eve, and now our girls can take on that tradition.

Christmas morning!


Her first present! She loves riding around on her new little car. She knew just how to sit on it and where to put her hands, what a natural!



3 comments:

Shawna said...

What a fun Christmas! I love the pic of Avery with the chocolate on her face!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

it was fun seeing you guys a few days ago!! happy new year! (dont forget to come visit us any time!!)

Courtney said...

I can't believe how big Avery is getting! I'm glad you had a fun Christmas. We will have to try to get together sometime so our little ones can play!